Monday, March 9, 2009

Appreciation to the Unappreciated


A few days ago, I was studying(cum sleeping, reading magazine) in a public library. During one of the short break, when I was about to walk into the gents, out of the corner of my eyes, I saw an old lady sitting at the corner near the toilet, waiting for her next cleaning schedule to kick in. She was hedged by 3 big trash bags and 1 mop. She was, quite obviously(at least in my society context), a cleaner. A sense of sympathy filled me, which was followed by a sense of gratitude.

Let me express my thanks to the following people.

1) The toilet cleaners - without them, I may not even want to take a leak in a public area

2) The people who cleared, cleaned the table in many food outlets - without them, I can eat in no peace.

3) The construction workers - Rain, or shine, day and night, you work just to create buildings for us to live, shop or work.

And many of those people cited in pointer 1 and 2 are old folk that are in my "grandmother/grandfather" category.

I truly appreciated you. Whenever I say "thank you", it is from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Shengjie

P/S: I know that many of the above mentioned will never get a chance to see this...

No comments: